My Secret Morning Ritual, Hint, it's fat:
I thought I would dedicate an entire post to the coffee I drink every morning and why I do it. You may have heard or seen on buzz feed about Butter Coffee, Coconut Oil Coffee, or some other variation, but I know it best as Bulletproof Coffee.
- The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is make some black coffee. I prefer to use the Colombian Medium Roast from Starbucks
- While my coffee is brewing, I use a Bella Rocket Extract Pro Personal Blender to blend all of my coffee ingredients.
- I pour 1-2 tablespoon of Coconut oil or MCT Oil into my magic bullet cup
- Cut 1-2 tablespoon slab of Kerrygold Unsalted organic grass-fed butter (silver wrapper.) DO NOT make the mistake and buy the salted kind, you will live to regret that cup of coffee.
- If you like your coffee sweet, it is perfectly bulletproof to add a packet of Stevia.
- Blend the ingredients together in the blender for 10-15 seconds, until it is frothy.
- Finally, enjoy your warm cup of amazing Bulletproof Coffee!
Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee/Coconut oil coffee/Butter coffee (just different names):
- Fat Loss Anyone? Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT), found in coconut oil, consumption has been shown to lead to greater losses of the adipose tissue (fat) in animals and humans.
- Provides more energy for a longer period of time due to mixing caffeine with the fat from butter and coconut oil.
- Frees me from food cravings
- Caffeine blocks inflammation in the brain according to Gregory Freund, MD, from the University of Illinois
- Caffeine increases insulin sensitivity, which is important to sustained weight loss
- Coffee in general has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties (when you don’t add crazy flavor shots and sugar like the typical latte)
- I am more productive and perform better after drinking Bulletproof Coffee
As you can see, there are benefits beyond just losing weight and waking up. It helps fight diseases like Alzheimer’s and adrenal fatigue.
I typically get weird looks from people when they ask what I put in my coffee and I tell them butter and oil. Do not call this beverage crazy until you have tried it! Everyone that I have turned on to Bulletproof coffee has loved it!
Keep in mind: Bulletproof coffee has ZERO SUGAR so it is the perfect treat for me when I am craving something sweet or need a little energy!