This glute workout I put together is one of my favorite low-hassle workouts. I usually do a workout targeting my glutes about 2-3 times a week. I love this workout because it doesn't involve any equipment and I can perform these moves anywhere. This is not the workout I do three times a week, but it is one that I complete if I have limited resources (like if I don't have a squat rack or other heavy weight equipment). This workout is low-impact and easy to do in any location.
3 Important Rules when Performing these Exercises:
- Hold your core tight
- Focus on squeezing your glutes
- Keep your head/body in a straight line during movements (avoid sinking back or dropping head down)
Repeat 3-4 times
- Glute Bridge x 20
- Donkey Kicks x 20 each leg
- Straight-leg Kickback x 20 each leg
- Hip Circles Forward x 20 each leg (side view)
- Hip Circles Backward x 20 each leg (side view)
- Straight-leg Lateral Raise x 20 each leg
- Single-leg Glute Bridge x 10-15 each leg
Keep in mind:
My Better Butt workout is supplemental to my other leg-specific workouts. I would not achieve the muscles or strength I have if I didn't squat or deadlift weekly. I still lift heavy weights to focus on gaining the lean muscle that would not be achieved with a light workout such as this one. With that being said, this workout is definitely worth the burn!