Breakfast on the low carb, high fat diet can get a little boring. I usually get the question, "are plain eggs all you can eat for breakfast?" This is not entirely true. I do love eggs and eat them at least once during the day, but that is because I choose to. There are plenty of breakfast options to choose from on a low carb, high fat diet! This morning, I decided to try something new and remembered reading about Egg Muffins, so I tried them out and loved them!
Ingredients I Used:
- Purple onions
- Uncured bacon
You do not need to limit your recipe to these ingredients, I just didn't have that many to choose from. You can add things like ground sausage, cheese, bell peppers, spinach, and more!
Items You'll Need:
- Coconut oil
- Ingredients of your choice
- Muffin tray
- A bowl
- A fork (to blend)
- An oven
- 1/2 measuring cup
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Blend all of your ingredients in a bowl
- Spread coconut oil in each of the muffin spaces
- Use the 1/2 measuring cup to ration out the egg ingredients and pour into each space
- Place in the oven and the set timer for 20 minutes
- Take out of the oven after 20 minutes, let cool, and eat!
The Finished Product: