This morning I was feeling creative and decided to make up a workout to replace my typical 20-minute incline walk. Here is the breakdown of my Metabolic Circuit from this morning. The main things to know about this circuit are:
- It requires no equipment
- It only takes 25 minutes
- For each exercise, time yourself for 40 seconds
- Limited rest between each exercise
Directions: Go through each exercise once and repeat this 5 times.
- Air Squats
- Push-ups (Knee push-ups if upper body strength is limited)
- Forward Lunges
- Front Plank Hold on Elbows
- Lateral Lunges
- Wall Sit
- Tuck Jumps (Jump, bringing knees to chest and land on feet. Repeat for 40 seconds)
Optional slow incline walk for ten minutes
This workout requires a lot of functional movements and is a great way to get your heart rate up and get moving without having to go to a gym or use any equipment. I did this in my back yard and then immediately laid down to catch some sun!