Fall is my favorite time of the year, and I am not going to lie...I am a Pumpkin Spice Latte lover! I used to go to Starbucks this time of the year and indulge in a Pumpkin Spice Latte or two until I realized the contents of that drink! I looked up the nutritional information and found this:
Pumpkin Spice Latte Nutrition
|FLAVOR (GRANDE 16 OZ.)||CALORIES||CARBS (G)||SUGAR (G)|
|Pumpkin Spice Latte, Nonfat, No Whip||260||5||50|
|Pumpkin Spice Latte, Whole Milk Fat, With Whip||410||150||51|
|Caffe Latte, Nonfat, No Whip||130||0||19|
If you need a better reference for how much sugar is in one of these beverages, just go back to my blog post about sugary drinks!
Don't worry! I am here to offer a much better alternative to these sugar-filled, addictive drinks. Pumpkin Spice Bulletproof Coffee is my new go-to morning drink! The ingredients are very similar to the original Bulletproof Coffee recipe, but with a twist.
- 1-2 tbspKerrygold Unsalted, Grass-fed Butter
- 1-2 tbsp of MCT Oil (Caveman Coffee Co.) - or Coconut Oil
- 1 Packet of Stevia
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Splash of Pumpkin Spice Sugar-free Sweetener
- ...And Blend!
Benefits I have noticed after drinking a cup of fat-filled coffee:
- Fat Loss Anyone? Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT), found in coconut oil, consumption has been shown to lead to greater losses of the adipose tissue (fat) in animals and humans.
- It has ZERO SUGAR
- No sugar crash after!
- Provides more energy for a longer period of time due to mixing caffeine with the fat from butter and coconut oil.
- Frees me from food cravings
- Caffeine blocks inflammation in the brain according to Gregory Freund, MD, from the University of Illinois
- Caffeine increases insulin sensitivity, which is important to sustained weight loss
- Coffee, in general, has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- Brain clarity! (and if you don't know what I mean by this, then you definitely have to give this coffee a try.)
Now, go out and buy a festive mug for Fall and fuel your body with Pumpkin Spice Bulletproof Coffee!