Detoxes are a great way to lose weight and rid your body of toxins. The only issue with detoxes is that they can be extremely expensive and unreliable. I never want to spend a ton of money buying some crazy detox that might not work. In this post, I am going to list and explain a few different remedies that I use when I am feeling bloated, low energy, or just unhealthy overall. My only suggestion is that you do not try all of these remedies at once, you don’t want to overload your body with these powerful substances!
Toxins from low quality, processed food, and even pollution from your surroundings can cause serious problems with your health and your body composition goals. Detoxification helps to eliminate those toxins and can help generate a healthy digestive system!
Benefits of drinking Lemon water:
- Flushes out toxins
- Known to slow down the time it takes a meal to leave your stomach – key to dropping unwanted weight
- Aids in digestion
- Reduces inflammation
- Strengthens your immune system
Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
Apple Cider Vinegar *with mother* was created by fermenting the sugars from apples to turn them into an acetic acid (which kills bacteria to prevent them from reaching harmful levels in our bodies!) You can either take a tbsp shot of it in the morning, mix it with olive oil as a salad dressing, or mix it with water.
- Eliminate sugar cravings
- Suppresses appetite to a healthy level
- Detoxifies your liver (where all of the toxins are gathered to be filtered from eating unhealthy foods, drinking sugary or alcoholic drinks, etc.)
- Aids in and improves digestion
- May lower blood sugar levels (great for those with type 2 diabetes!)
If you have never tried green tea before, I am warning you that it does not have much of a taste. Some people like the taste and others are so used to drinking sweetened tea’s that green tea is less favorable. Avoid the green tea you would find in a bottle at the store. The only one to trust is the “Just” Green Tea by Honest Tea. Always be sure to check the nutrition facts before choosing a tea that you are not personally brewing yourself. No sugar should be listed on the label!
Benefits of Green Tea:
- Can improve brain function and make you smarter
- Key ingredient is caffeine, an alternative to coffee
- L-theanine has anti-anxiety effects on your brain and body
- Increases fat burning
- Powerful anti-oxidant
Activated Coconut Charcoal
Activated Coconut Charcoal is taken in capsule form. It is not something you derive from a coconut yourself, but a small, usually black colored pill. The charcoal is derived from coconut shells and does not include any other ingredient. This is more of a timing supplement. You will want to take this ingredient when you are being exposed to these processed toxins.
Reasons to take Activated Charcoal
- When eating low quality or processed foods
- When drinking alcohol
- When feeling moody or tired
- Helps with stained teeth
- After being on a plane, charcoal helps with jet lag
Pink Himalayan Salt-Water:
Pink Himalayan Salt is a naturally occurring salt that is filled with iron and iodine—both important elements for your health. In order to get the most out of a detox, follow these steps when you wake up:
- Wake up in the morning
- Fill a glass up with water
- Pour 2 tsp. of Pink Himalayan Salt into the water
- Mix with a spoon
I buy my Pink Himalayan Salt from Trader Joe's, but you can find it at almost any grocery store.
Like I mentioned before, don’t go crazy and try all of these remedies at once, they are meant to be tested and tried to see which one works best for your body. I have tried each of these remedies at different times and have had success with each one of them! I hope you enjoy the post and try out some of these detoxes!