Looking for a lunch or dinner high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats? Here is a great stuffed bell pepper recipe to follow for your next meal!
To start, preheat oven to 400 while preparing the following ingredients
1. Pit your bell peppers by cutting off the top and scraping the insides out with a spoon; similar to how you would carve a pumpkin.
2. Mix up ground beef, olive oil, butter, and salt in a pan on high until the meat is completely brown.
3. Chop up any ingredients you would like to sautee in olive oil and butter such as bell peppers and yellow onions.
4. Mix the ground meat and the sauteed vegetables together in a bowl.
5. Separate out portions to put into each hollowed out pepper.
6. Crack an egg into each pepper.
7. Put the peppers on a baking tray with a layer of foil and let them bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
8. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 5-7 minutes and enjoy! Another option is to stuff a few slices of cheese in the pepper and place them back in the oven for 2 minutes if you tolerate dairy!