Looking for a lunch or dinner high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats? Here is a great stuffed bell pepper recipe to follow for your next meal!
TO START, PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 WHILE PREPARING THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Pit your bell peppers by cutting off the top and scraping the insides out with a spoon; similar to how you would carve a pumpkin.
- Mix up ground beef, olive oil, butter, and salt in a pan on high until the meat is completely brown.
- Chop up any ingredients you would like to sauté in olive oil and butter such as bell peppers and yellow onions.
- Mix the ground meat and the sautéed vegetables together in a bowl.
- Separate out portions to put into each hollowed out pepper.
- Crack an egg into each pepper.
- Put the peppers on a baking tray with a layer of foil and let them bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 5-7 minutes and enjoy! Another option is to stuff a few slices of cheese in the pepper and place them back in the oven for 2 minutes if you tolerate dairy!